Help! My Old-School ID System Needs an Upgrade!
By BadgePass | August 11, 2022
As technology, computers, and operating systems continue to evolve, many facilities have been evaluating legacy applications they use, including Photo ID software, to determine if the time for an upgrade has come. Traditional ID systems are usually comprised of the following:
- – A computer with locally-installed ID software
- – A camera, tripod and backdrop for photo capture
- – A desktop card printer
Now, more than ever before, organizations need the ability to capture cardholder data, including photos, while “on the go” or in a remote location.
- • Corporations with just one printer but multiple office locations are tired of having new employees submit photos electronically for import into the badging software.
- • Schools are frustrated by lines of students at the badging office waiting to have their photo captured.
- • Government facilities typically produce badges for multiple agencies or departments at one location and sending cardholder data, including photos, back and forth via email or flash drive is not a secure process!
With BadgePass ONE, mobile photo capture and card production is easier than ever before! The first ID software available as a download from the App store, BadgePass ONE allows users to print badges right from their phone or tablet!
- • Now corporations can have someone at each satellite office capture new employee photos and save them in the system for faster production.
- • And schools can allow homeroom teachers to capture photos right from the iPad in their classroom and send them to a print queue for production in the main office.
- • Government agencies can set up specific user privileges for multiple departments, allowing for easier customization and production of secure employee IDs.