How to Clean the GX1 Printer
Run a printer cleaning card to clean debris from the inside of the printer. The cleaning card can remove most contaminants from the printer.
- Begin with the printer powered on.
- Open the printer cover and remove the print ribbon cartridge.
- Close the cover. The Ribbon Light will blink rapidly.
- Open the input hopper and remove unprinted cards. The Card light will blink rapidly if the printer has the Card Present option.
- Begin with the printer “Ready”. The USER button shows steady green.
- Press the USER button to display “Suspended” on Line 1 of the LCD panel.
- Press the ENTER key to enter the menu system.
- Press the ENTER key to enter the Maintenance menu.
- Press the ENTER key to choose Cleaning Card. 10. With Cleaning Card displayed on Line 2, press the ENTER key to display Start on Line 2.
- Press the ENTER key to display “Insert Cleaning Card” in the LCD panel. The USER button and the Card light blink.
- Open the cleaning card package. Place the cleaning card in the input area and press the USER button to start the cleaning cycle. Sometimes it requires a gentle push in order to collect the card. The printer moves the card through the printer several times and ejects it in the output stacker.
- Remove the used cleaning card. Wait a few minutes for the rollers to dry.
- Replace the cards in the input hopper. 15. Replace the cleaning sleeve with a new sleeve, and remove the protective cover.
- Replace the ribbon cartridge and close the printer. The printer is ready to print cards again.
- Discard the used cleaning card and cleaning sleeve.